- Polyglot developers are more adventurous
- Know different, therefore think different
- Why Haskell?
- one of the most statistically typed languages
- one of the most strictly functional languages
“C++ is sadly typed”
- Static typing does not have to suck
- type inference!
- polymorphic types!
Languages should work for us, not the other way around
- list values, ranges, skipping
- Expressions over statements
- Statements have side effects
- Expressions do not have to have side effects
- Less void
- Less mutability
- Currying (e.g. blind closures)
- Get used to it
- Be more lazy
- Use C# Lazy type more to reduce overhead
- Expression scopes
- Functional expressions
- Infinite series with
yield returnsalready available in C#!